Before openSuse 12.1 have been released I have trying to create bootable pendrive with 11.4 net installer version. I eased it off after little complications, but today I’ll show you example of proper usb stick preparation without Linux installed or without downloading syslinux tools – as tutorial on opensuse.org suggest.
This tutorial is quite universal – I’ll show you how to behave with any „isolinux compatible” distribution. It works also with openSuse 12.2 NET-Install.
What do you need:
- USB Pendrive with above 256MB space – depending on requirements of our distro
- „RMPrepUSB” toolkit, it’s on Hirens BootCD – I’ll use latest, 15.0 version
- ISO file of our chosen distro
- WinRAR, WinISO, Daemon Tools or anything else to extract iso file
- (optional) Notepad++ or any „programmers” editor
So lets start.